Wednesday 17 February 2016

Waiting on Wednesday | The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson


This week I'm waiting on The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson.



Title: The Unexpected Everything
Author: Morgan Matson
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Genres: Young adult, Fiction, Contemporary, Romance


Synopsis:
Andie had it all planned out.

When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.

Important internship? Check.

Amazing friends? Check.

Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks)

But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.

Because here’s the thing - if everything's planned out, you can never find the unexpected.

And where’s the fun in that?
If there's one thing I can relate to it's a type-A main character. I understand the appeal and obsession with planning, it's something I've struggled with for a long time and there's nothing I dream about more than the day I could be 'spontaneous'. It's not as east as it seems, but it's extremely satisfying to read about characters who share the same struggle. Andie seems like someone I could really relate to, and I'd love to see how she breaks free of her insecurities. I'm a huge fan of Morgan Matson's novel Since You've Been Gone, and I can't wait to see what she does next.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!